Now that the holidays are behind us and the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday is slowly coming to an end, my mind starts to drift toward thoughts of my next mini-vacation. Thanks to an article I read on HVW8 Gallery’s Facebook page, I’ve been inspired to travel around some of the shows highlighted in Complex Magazine’s 25 Most Anticipated Art Shows of 2012. They noted some great exhibitions; among my “must sees” are:
1. Os Gemeos @ Prism in West Hollywood, 2/25/2012-3/24/2012
2. Keith Haring @ the Brooklyn Museum, 3/16/2012-7/8/2012. I saw Keith Haring’s show at SF MOMA in 1998 and I’d love another chance to see more of his work.
3. Cindy Sherman @MOMA 2/26/2012-6/11/2012. When BCAM first opened in 2008, there was an entire gallery dedicated to Sherman (Eli Broad has one of the most comprehensive collections of her work). Can’t wait to see this retrospective.
4. Art of Video Games @ the Smithsonian 3/16/2012-9/30/2012. Leave it to Complex Magazine to include this one! For anyone who has a gamer in their life, this show sounds interesting.
5. Parra @ SF MOMA 3/31/2013-7/29/2012